Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Re-vamping the budget

It's amazing how much I can learn each day when I pay close attention to our finances. I was going through our bills for the beginning of the month and balancing the checkbook as well. I found an expense that needs to go. I can't believe I didn't see it before, but it may be because spring is finally here and I am paying for this service again. It's lawncare (weeds etc) and I set this service up way before I got on my Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover program. I spoke to dh about it this evening and effective tomorrow it is g-o-n-e. That means that dh is in charge of trying to make our lawn look beautiful. (Wish him luck!)

Hopefully a little time and effort will have it looking much better than it does now, and in the process we'll be able to pay down on our van quicker.

I'm going through the budget with a fine tooth comb to see if there are any other areas we can cut to help us get out of debt and start saving more... hopefully I'll find another I may have missed. I'm finding that there is always room for improvement and my learning never ceases in the area of frugal living.

No comments: