Wednesday, June 4, 2008

May Financial Health

I don't have the coupons totals or savings added up just yet. I did however, pay all our bills for the month and calculated how much we spent per week on groceries.

The total per week was $101. I'm not thrilled with this, as I know how much I used food that we had stocked in our pantry. This was a lot of little trips to the grocery store. Many made by my dh, that I completely forget about when figuring my grocery budget. You know how it goes, "Honey can you pick this up on the way home from work?"

Needless to say, I am a bit bummed about my grocery shopping. Worse though is gas! Do you know that we paid almost as much in gas as we did in groceries? How crazy is that??? I'm glad it is summer and activities are done, so we can just hang out here and park the car in the driveway. I don't know how we would have done this with dh's 1hr commute back north. (One way). I know my former neighbor still has that commute, and it's gotta be tough!

No comments: