Saturday, March 29, 2008

Publix Trip....Finally

No photos to show, but I did go to Publix this evening (Saturday) and shopped for those things that had a coupon. It felt good to get in there and get back to some kind of routine. Weird? Probably. ;-)

It wasn't the best deal. I spent $76 and saved $35. I used a ton of coupons, but they weren't on items that were on any great sale. This was mainly my fault, as I just wasn't motivated to price compare at all the other grocery stores. I felt good just getting to one store this week! So, I guess $34 is better than nothing.

The funny thing is that I still don't have anything for us to eat....as in... planned! I have to get my menu together for the coming week. I'll be using what we have at home in the pantry and the freezer! Baseball season is upon us, and we will be running a LOT! Meaning my crockpot will be getting a lot of use over the next several weeks.

1 comment:

Mamosa said...

No, I don't think it's weird at all. I love routine, and I don't realize how much until I've been out of it for a while. There really weren't any good sales this week, so you did good!