Monday, February 4, 2008

Review: Coupon Clipping Service

Last week, frustrated with the lack of coupons in our local paper, I decided to go ahead and try a coupon clipping service. You can see that post HERE. Several of my friends were interested in this service and asked me to write a review .…so here it is!

The service that I used is called The Coupons Clippers. Let me give a little background on this small business. It is run by a homeschooling mom of 5 children, who is married to a pastor of a small Baptist church. This business is a way for their family to have an extra income to help augment the small Pastor’s salary. If you would like to read more about her family and the operations Click Here. She has a very interesting “About Us” page.

When you get to the site, everything is arranged and organized very well. You can search aisle by aisle (their way of saying by category), or by the beginning letter of the product you are looking for. So, let’s say you are looking for Morningstar Farms Veggie Foods Products… you can click on the M-O section and if they have the coupons available you will see it. (It is there by the way, I checked). You can also do a search by typing in a specific coupon as well. I was looking for coupons in general, so I browsed by category so I could peruse a wide variety of coupons I might need. The search functions truly help, so I don’t have to look very hard for what coupons I need. The following are the aisle by aisle categories:
Baby/Children, Baked Goods, Beverages, Breakfast Products, Condiment/Baking, Coupon Carriers, Dairy,Deli Meats/Cheese, Energy/Diet, Ethnic Foods, Expireds, Feminine Products, Forms(Rebate Forms), Frozen Foods, Health Foods, Health and Beauty Aids, Household, Insect Control, Laundry, Legwear/Clothing, Meats, Media, Pantry, Paper/Plastic, Pet, Pharmacy, Produce, Refrigerated, Restaurant Coupons, Sauces, Snacks, Store Coupons, Unclassified,

Then let’s say you want to peruse the aisle Health and Beauty Aids. That encompasses a lot! When you click on that aisle, it further breaks down your coupons by category and also lists the number of coupons they have available. Here is what you might find depending on the number of coupons available:

Deoderant 13 coupon
Fragrance 0 coupons
Hair Crae 23 coupons
Hair Coloring 10 coupons
Lotions/Cremes 42 coupons
Make-up 19 coupons
Misc. 0 coupons
Nail Care 0 coupons
Oral Care 39 coupons
Sanitizer 0 coupons
Shaving Products 9 coupons
Shower Products 14 coupons

Then if you click on any one of the above listed categories, you will find the coupons to order. I copied and pasted a piece of the website to give you an idea of what it would look like. As you can see it gives you a blank to enter the quantity of coupons you need. The one thing I wasn’t crazy about is most times you must order a min. quantity of 5. I suppose we would eventually use those coupons, but I watch to check the expiration, and to make sure it’s something we would use a lot of. You can go to the HOT section (see below) as they list coupons in individual quantities in that section.

The order section tells you the quantity they have available, the minimum order quantity, the value of the coupon, the date of coupon expiration, and the handling fee which is the amount they charge you. In the case below it is $0.12 per coupon.


If you didn’t want to search aisle by aisle they have an alphabetical search by product on the top of the main page. Included on this banner is a Hot section, that lists all the coupons that are really good and popular. There are several great value coupons that are almost out of stock, as people snap them up, knowing they will use them later on before they expire. There is also a NEW section, which lists all the most recent coupons. They even have a Gluten Free section which if you click on it, lists all the gluten free products that offer a coupon.

After you have placed all your coupons in your cart you proceed to check out. If you find that you have selected a quantity in error or even a coupon that you decide you don’t need, just go to the “My Shopping Cart” page, and there is an option to delete it or change the quantity. At checkout they take Mastercard/Visa, Paypal and they do take cash, checks or money orders ($25 minimum mailed in advance). You will receive a confirmation email almost immediately after you place your order, letting you know when it will be processed and mailed out. Mine took one day to process and mail, and I was sent another email informing me that my order had indeed been sent. A very nice touch in this day and age of internet business. The Coupon Clippers are located in Dade City Florida, so take that into account for how long it would take to receive your coupons.

The three things I like most about this website….

  1. They are well organized and provide lots of detailed information. The available quantity, value and expiration dates, really help me determine if the coupon is something I will need.

  2. I also really like the selection! Some of these coupons I never get to see….our paper just doesn’t carry the inserts, or they may be older, and I missed them. So, I love to be able to get coupons after the fact, and pick and choose the ones that I would use.

  3. Finally, I like the convenience of this website. It's a great way to stock up on additional coupons that you know you will use! If I need extra coupons, that I know are a really good value, then all I have to do is hop on my computer, and order then from The Coupon Clippers. They’ll be in my mailbox within the week.

For more information about The Coupon Clippers visit their FAQ page.

3 comments:

jeannie said...

What an great Review.... Thanks I think I may look into useing them for things I know we USE alot of.
Like Boost(LOL), juice, cheese...etc..

Anonymous said...

Karen had posted about coupon clipping services, too. I can't remember if it was the same one, though. I was just thinking that this really might be a good way to go. I mean, if I took what I'm willing to spend on newspapers to get coupons that I *might* use and instead applied that to coupons that I would defnitely use, that might work out to be a better deal. Of course, then I'd miss all the fun of coupon trains. lol

Anyway, this is definitely something to think about.

Mamosa said...

Thanks for the review! It's definitely something to consider.