Sunday, January 27, 2008

Coupons Inserts....

I just have to gripe for a minute.... our paper recently switched from the Valassis coupon insert to something called Red Plum. I have to say, I feel completely jipped out of an extra coupon insert each week, especially when I see what is listed in the Valassis. Secondly, the Red Plum is pretty much worthless. 8 coupons in the entire thing. Eight! And 5 of those were for dog food, and we don't own a dog. I really wish I knew what the deal is and why our paper switched. The larger metro paper doesn't carry either one (Red Plum or Vallassis). I am seriously considering finding out if the large metro area northwest of us carries better coupons. Maybe my mom can send me some from Florida.

Anyway, because I was so dissatisfied with the coupons inserts this weekend, and it was an unusually busy weekend as well..... I only got two papers. Not a big deal, since I wasn't enamored with the selection.... but there were a few things in there that I really could use. So this is what I did and it cost a little less than buying 2 more papers. It worked really well for me!

I went to The Coupon Clippers site and selected my coupons to have clipped and sent to me. They will be mailed to me today. Yeah! A few things I missed because I didn't start clipping coupons until January....so I'm missing all of December. Plus, if you are savvy and you see a good coupon come out...like the recent Electrosal... it would be worth it to order those and use them again later! I wish they still had them, but of course since they came out a few weeks ago, they have all been snapped up. Anyway, this is another option for those who would like some extra coupons.... As long as I keep it under what I would pay for a couple of papers...I will do this again!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please do a review of the Coupon Clippers, at a later date. I've wondered about it. Let us know what you think!

Anonymous said...

From what I understand, Red Plum is Valassis' new name. They have a coupon website, too -- and it's about as lackluster as their paper insert.

I'm seriously thinking of sending a letter to the local paper, telling them that I only buy the paper for the coupons...and lately they haven't been worth the $1.50! I'm sure the people at the paper will just think I'm nuts, but you never know. I mean, why can't/don't they offer the same coupons as the larger paper?

I'm going to try something this week. Jennifer gets her county paper on Wednesdays and it has the same exact coupons as the local Sunday paper. I'm going to buy our county paper this week and see if it does, too (different county than Jennifer). If so, I'm going to quit buying the Sunday paper (I'll sill buy the Metro one) because the county paper is only $0.50 and I don't do my shopping until Thursday anyway, so it's no big deal to wait. I'll let you know how that goes. It might make it worth your time to cross the state line. ;-)

jeannie said...

Yes, please do a review. I find that very interesting...

Mamosa said...

I DID write a letter to the TFP. Apparently it didn't do any good. I bought three large metro papers this week.

Kim said...

I buy my coupons that way too, so much easier.