Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Super Productive Day.... or maybe not....

Today was my free day...it's the day my kiddos have Homeschool Co-op, and I have a few hours to run errands. And I had a long list of errands to run too! Lots to get accomplished on our adoption paperwork, photos to be copied, a trip to CVS to get the things I need there, Walgreens for some deals for my mom, Walmart for some bubbles, Sam's Club for just a few items.... I was armed and ready!

But soon after I dropped the kids off, I just didn't feel well. Nauseous, stomachache. Not good. I thought I could stick it out, but I kept feeling worse, so I just decided to head back home. Thank goodness the Lord was gracious as my kids weren't home. I crawled into bed and went back to sleep, hoping I wouldn't get sick. I didn't and so God was gracious once again.

So, that was my well planned day. Nothing to show for it, but an unmade bed! I picked the kiddos up and we grabbed a rotisserie chicken for dinner. Dh will thank me when they get back from basketball...it's easy and done, and it was less than $5. A good deal when you feel too sick to cook. :)

3 comments:

jeannie said...

I hope you get to feeling better REAL SOON.. It is not FUN being sick and on top of that, missing deals.....

Jennifer said...

Oh I hope you feel better!! Don't worry, you'll get those deals and hey, if not there's always next week which does have a few great deals!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better! It stinks when things don't go as planned -- especially when you're sans kids -- but, at least you were able to go home and rest.