Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Menu Plan.....

I love when my menu plan is Done! I used to only plan dinner, but just having 3 meals a day planned has helped me so much. I just look at the fridge to know what is coming up and what to take out to thaw. Plus the kids and dh have become dependent on the menu as well.... now when I get "What's for breakfast mom?" I just say, "look at the menu". :-)

I planned this week's recipes based on the sales flyers at my local grocery stores. Jennifer at All Things Frugal was correct, there was not much out there salewise this week. I found what I could at Bi-Lo, Food Lion and Publix. But it was slim pickin's as they say.... So if your interested here it is: Oh with one caveat..... no new recipe this week. What? Why??? Well we are having company arrive any moment, and that keeps me busy enough without having to try a new recipe as well! But, I plan to make a new recipe next week, maybe even using some ingredients I have on hand!

Wednesday
Breakfast-Eggs/Fruit/English Muffins
Lunch- Chunky Soup/Leftover Tortilla Soup/Fresh Bread
Dinner-Leftovers

Thursday
Breakfast- Cereal/Fruit
Lunch- Lunch Out(running today)
Dinner- Spaghetti & Meatballs/Salad/It. Bread

Friday
Breakfast- French Toast/Bacon & Sausage/Fruit (company is here)
Lunch- Ravioli/Fruit
Dinner- Hamburgers/Fries/Beans/Salad/Fruit

Saturday
Breakfast- Muffins/Banana Bread/Fruit
Lunch- Baked Potato/Broccoli
Dinner- Crispy Chicken over Salad Greens

Sunday
Breakfast- Sweet Rolls
Lunch- Crockpot Chili/Breadsticks
Dinner- Leftovers

Monday
Breakfast- Cereal/Toasted pastries/Fruit
Lunch- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup w/ vegetables
Dinner- Taco Salad

Tuesday
Breakfast – Waffles/ Fruit
Lunch – Sandwiches/Fruit/Granola
Dinner- Chinese Chicken Salad

2 comments:

jeannie said...

Now, I think Publix was good this week. I really racked up in MEATS... Much cheaper than I saw in awhile. So I over bought. (LOL

Mama Fish said...

What did you get in meat? I didn't really look at them...lol! I went to Sam's club as I needed a lot of ground beef for company, and it was cheapest that way. The eggland eggs were a good buy with a coupon, but I wonder if I can do better.... but no need to wonder really, I can't spend anymore this week at all! (Unless Bi-lo does it's triple coupons ever again)