Saturday, February 23, 2008

Mission Almost Accomplished!

This was my goal last evening..... to completely clean up the homeschool room/office. This is where I do 90% of my work...other than cleaning the house. It was a very late night.....The coupon binder probably took me the longest, as I had almost 2 months of coupons to refile. I am so glad that goal is done, I won't be switching methods anytime soon! Here's what I accomplished:

  • Year end filing done- filed and new files set up for 2008!

  • New coupon organizer/binder set up, labeled and all coupons transferred (this involved carefully clipping each coupon to fit into the baseball card inserts and lots of slivers of clippings everywhere!)

  • All 2008 bills finally filed in the new file folders.

  • Recently expired coupons ready to be sent overseas to military base.

  • All junk mail since 2008 shredded and discarded.

  • All offers/deals filed for future use.

  • All books on the homeschool bookcase put away properly (not thrown in or laying on top of the rest of the books).

  • Dust and vacuum the entire room!

  • Steam clean the carpets.

Notice the actual cleaning portion wasn't completed!! It will be done today though...I have my list and dh has his. I'll post photos soon of my binder, it looks really good if I do say so myself, all color coded, and labeled with my label maker.... and yes, I am rather anal particular about those things. :-)

In frugal news today, well I don't have a lot to report. I spent $20 oop at CVS (and got 15 ECB's back), and I went to Publix and bought a few stapes spent $33. (Of that $33, 1/2 was stocking up on Starbuck's coffee since it is $1.50 less than normal, and we use it everyday). We really don't need a whole lot, but I will go back and buy a few more BOGOs before there sale is up on Tuesday. I'm stocking up on couscous with a little help from my friends, family and neighbors. (More about that next week.)

Oh and I completed my taxes! They haven't been filed yet, but they are done! Woohoo! (see all that you can accomplish when you stay up until the wee hours of the morning?) LOL!

4 comments:

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

You've got an award waiting for you at my blog... swing by and pick it up! :)

Lisa said...

Way to Go Jackie! You accomplished so much while I was sleeping. (: I wish I could stay up like you. Can't wait to see your coupons.

Anonymous said...

Okay, what I want to know has nothing at all to do with the actual content of your blog. How do you do strike-throughs? I've tried to copy and paste from Word and it won't keep the formatting. I had just decided that it was something that couldn't be done in Blogger. So, educate me! ;-)

Jennifer said...

Keep up the hard work!! I myself have been trying to get things organized ands I found this site,Flylady.com and its been such an amazing help already in the past week since I've started it and best of of all? Its free! I already have my am routine in place and a schedule. We can do it!!