Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bullet Point Ramblings...

I have a few thoughts this week about my budget, grocery deals, stock piling etc. Ramblings really...
  • I didn't get as far as I wanted on tackling all the paperwork yesterday. I forgot that I had a hair appointment. And it was needed! I wouldn't want to miss that.... 3 months in between cut and color and I look a bit frumpty. So, I got 1/2 of what I needed to accomplish done, but still have the dreaded bill/year filing to accomplish.

  • Our local paper has a measly coupon section. I hear and see online the great coupon previews... and we don't get them. I was really bummed because of not receiving the coupon for Nonni's biscotti (see here).... and I'm sure there are more I'll miss. Now I could use The Coupon Clippers, and I have ordered from them this week, but the deal for the biscotti is over already, so I wouldn't receive the coupons in time.

  • Stamps are going up again.... Wow! What does everyone do about saving money on mailing stuff? I'm talking bills etc. I may have to start paying online (though I hate that for security reasons). Some I bet I could drop off locally. What do you do?

  • I'm pretty well stocked, so I'm planning on getting a few bogo deals at Publix this week, and a few staples and that's it. (Unless Bi-Lo offers triple coupons again...then I say Bring It On!!)

  • I'm thinking of ways to track my savings/spending. The current way is not working for me...too much paper to keep track of!

  • My friend Jennifer at All Things Frugal just made up her coupon binder . I was checking out my friend Jeannie's the other day too when she gave me some coupons. I am contemplating switching my current system to a binder type system. It just makes it easier to carry around in a store and not have a box of envelopes be so obtrusive. But that will have to be when I have more time....

That's it for now...I do have a Walgreen's trip planned and I'll post after it.

4 comments:

jeannie said...

Hey Jackie, Just wanted to say Hey...
I am trying to read and catch up a bit..

Mama Fish said...

Hey, Jeannie- How are you feeling? Better?

Rebecca said...

WooHoo!! I finally found a NASCAR sister in bloggy land!! I was beginning to think I was the only one. I watched the shootout too!! And while I like Dale Jr. I must say I'm a #24 fan. But their on the same team. Thanks for identifying yourself. :-) I LOVE your site by the way. I check here every day.

Mama Fish said...

Rebecca- #24 is a teammate now, so we'll like him... lol! My mom loves Jeff. When my kids were young she got them a #24 battery operated car. they loved it! Dale Jr won the qualifying today, I hope he does well on Sunday.