Saturday, April 5, 2008

Questions Answered...

I had a comment left asking about the Cinnamon Rolls and the London Broil that I prepare.

Well first about the cinnamon rolls...oh how I wish I could say that I make them homemade. I bet it would be less expensive! However, our Sunday tradition is to make the Grands Cinnamon Rolls before church. Dh has been doing this forever...and it's really all him. I just get ready for church. lol! My friend Susan makes an incredible sweet rolll that tastes just like Cinnabon Rolls. Seriously. They are delicious! I have not attempted to make them, though I should as I can make the dough in my under-utilized bread machine.

The London Broil recipe I have not "officially" made yet. I got this recipe at a cooking demonstration I went to recently. We actually got to sample the London Broil served with rice, and it was awesome. It was my favorite recipe of the evening. I also buy London Broil BOGO at Bi-lo and happened to have two in my freezer....so these are just waiting for this recipe to be used! It is so easy.....

3-5 lbs of London Broil
2 cups of water
1pkg onion soup mix
1 can cream of chicken soup

Place meat in the bottom of the crock pot. In small bowl, mix water & soups. Pour over beef. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours. Serve with rice, potatoes or noodles. Serves 6-8.

*Note* The cream of chicken soup is not a typo. It was really used and actually tastes less "pot roasty" than using cream of mushroom soup. I think the london broil basically falls apart, or was shredded a bit with two forks and served over the rice.

No comments: