Saturday, January 19, 2008

Publix, Friends, and Savings...

So, today was a quick run into Publix to stock up a few things that they had BOGO free. It wasn't a very long list, but I did want to pick up the things I knew were a good deal, and that I had a coupon for.... so off I went (by myself). It was after Upwards Basketball, so the store was hoppin' with people. I quickly picked up a cart full of items that we used and then I got to the condiment aisle. Sue Bee Honey was on sale BOGO free, and they had two different bottle sizes. I started to put the one in my cart, and then looked at the one labeled table honey. Right on the front of the bottle it said... "Save $1.00 NOW, look on back of package". The little light bulb in my head started going off.... "DEAL, DEAL, DEAL...!!" We use quite a bit of honey in cooking, and my sons use it on all the chicken I make... so I picked up 6 bottles normally $2.00 a bottle, I got it for $0.50 a bottle! Now that is something!

But the funniest thing was at the register. The lady at checkout was asking the girl who was bagging groceries, if she took that cart out of the lady who had all the coupons? Then she said to me, "All I can say is she sure knows how to shop!" I told her, it was probably one of my friends! Lol! Then I just smiled all the way home thinking about that..and wondering "Which one of my friends was at Publix today???" LOL! :-)

Here is a picture of my items today. My bill was $114.xx before savings and after was $46.xx. The lady said to me, "you're a shopper too!" I just smiled and said, "No, really you should see my friends, they would have done even better than that!" lol!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great deals! And, you'll have to let us know if you find out who the cashiers were talking about! LOL

jeannie said...

What was the 1 cent deal this week?

Mama Fish said...

I missed it again Jeannie! Can you believe that??!! Maybe I'll find out what it is this week!

Troy and Rachel said...

I wish we had a Publix here. We had them in FL, where I grew up and they always had the cutest bag boys!! I was young then, what can I say! Sounds like you are doing a great job with the deals and I even got a paper this weekend to look at coupons!!