Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I have a plan!

Last evening I found out that one of our local grocery stores was offering triple coupons again this week. I saved over 50% last week on items that we use, so I really feel like I need to take advantage of this. It isn't offered often. The only dilemma I have is, I spent an awful lot on groceries since the beginning of the month. Sure I was stocking up on many many items....but I knew I had to "settle myself" down a bit. So, I set my dollar amount for the last two weeks at $75.00 for both of them. Seriously. This doesn't include CVS at all, but I don't expect to spend more than a few dollars there.

So, I have my budget set. It's a benchmark that I want to hit. I also made my menu plan for next week, using everything that I have in my pantry, fridge and freezer. I am proud of that! I knew we needed mostly perishables. I have spent 23.00 thus far on those essentials. So that leaves me with about 52.00 to spend. I have a big stack of coupons just waiting to be tripled. So I'll see what the best deals will be.... I do need to hit Publix as well to get some BOGO deals. Between the two stores I'm going to see if I can stay within my budget. I'll let you know how I do....

1 comment:

jeannie said...

I hope you STICK with it... When you get a chance read how I did this week with my goal....

jeannie