Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Freezer Needed...

We used to have the oldest refrigerator in the garage of our home... I mean old! It was a Kelvinator...a Kelvinator! Now whoever heard of that brand anymore! It was vintage that's for sure, with a rounded frame and door. It even had the horizontal door handle on it. No separate doors for fridge and freezer...nope this baby was old! But it worked! (I'm sure using tons of electricity every minute it ran)...but no matter, we used that thing for storing lots of our soda and kids drinks). I'm not sure I'd take one of those again and put it in our current house...but we are looking for a good used appliance! Here is a picture for one that looks just like our old one! It's for sale on ebay here .... if you are interested!



With all these great deals I've been finding, especially stocking up on meat products... we have found our freezer full. We have a side by side freezer, and it does hold quite a bit, but it's stuffed to capacity right now! So, we are on the lookout for a used freezer to put in our garage. I know just the spot, but it's covered right now with all of dh's wood and junk. That will have to move, and then we can fit the freezer in. I've found now that I am coupon clipping and using the sale ads to my best advantage...I am stocking up on things when they are really low prices. Which is a great thing for our budget...but not so great for storage! There are several things on sale right now...that I just can't get because I have no room! :-)

2 comments:

Christina said...

I probably shouldn't tell you this, but I just passed one up on freecycle because we were too busy to go pick it up by the time the guy wanted it gone. If I had known you were looking, I could have sent it your way. Good luck finding a freezer. That is something on wish list, too.

Mama Fish said...

You know... I put my freecycle on "hold emails", and never took it off.. I guess I should!